Community Rehabilitation offers the expertise of physical, occupational and speech therapists, and certified athletic trainers. Our staff of licensed and certified professionals, together with the support of Community HealthCare System, provide professional, compassionate therapy solutions you can trust. Our therapists implement a progressive, individualized treatment plan that combines patient education, individualized exercise, manual therapy, and a full range of modalities. We work closely with your physician, resulting in a more efficient and effective recovery process.
- Physical therapy, which works with you to address neck, back, shoulder and leg pain along with balance and gait impairments.
- Occupational therapy, which focuses on treatment of shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand dysfunction. It also includes splinting for the arm.
- Speech therapy, which treats cognitive, speech-language and voice disorders as well as swallowing impairments.
Depending on what is needed, treatment options may also include manual therapy, therapeutic exercise and other modalities.
- Manual therapy, which consists of a variety of hands-on techniques to address bone and muscle pain and dysfunction.
- Therapeutic exercise, including programs customized for each patient using our state-of-the-art rehabilitation equipment.
- Modalities, which include therapy such as electrical stimulation and ultrasound used to re-educate muscles and decrease inflammation and pain as well as anodyne therapy used to decrease burning and numbness in hands and feet and other generalized pain.
- ADLs (Activities of daily living), consists of working on the tasks a person completes in a normal day. ADLs may require specific training in adaptive equipment to increase your ability to perform a task, including: bathing, dressing, toileting, housekeeping, driving and shopping.
Lifecare Wellness Fitness Centers
The Outpatient Therapy Centers and the Lifecare Wellness Centers work very closely together to offer the best physical therapy available. The centers are comprehensive, custom facilities that will help you become and stay active. From sports or work injuries to arthritis pain, the center can treat you to better health.
Our aim is to restore your independence: to get you back in the game, to the farm, or to your family.
Physical, occupational and speech therapy services are also available in our home health program, nursing home and hospital settings.
Community HealthCare System
St. Marys: 785-437-3768